Page Tabs

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Make-Up Organization

A couple days ago, Trista from Life According to Trista did a link up about what's in your make-up bag.  My answer.. WAY TOO MUCH!  (Read Make-out 2014

So, over my Christmas break (which was extended by a full week due to the 14 inches of snow that dumped on us the Sunday before we were scheduled to go back) I sat down and went through my collection.  



I stated by emptying the bag that housed most of my cosmetics.  I sorted each product and made a list of what I have.  Wow.  I was shocked to discover how many tubes of mascara I have opened (8), how many eyeliners I have (8 - 5 of which are black), how many lip products I have (28), how many single eyeshadows I have (32), how many blushes I have (7) and how many different perfumes I have (6). 

I was embarrassed as I sat there on the floor in my living room just looking at all the stuff - so much that I could not bring myself to take a picture of it all. I made a list of how many of each item I have, and am determined to get those numbers down.  

After what felt like hours of sorting and deciding what products I could throw away I finally started putting them into my new Muji drawers.  



In order to hold myself accountable and use up the products I already have, I am keeping the empty bottles/containers and will do a post on all my "empties" at the end of each month. 

I am very happy with the way this organization project turned out. The Muji drawers are small enough that they can sit nicely right on my vanity.  I have space for them in my cabinet, but am starting out with them being visible so I don't fall into my former habit of using the same products over and over and over again.  I love being able to pull out a drawer and really see what I have.  I have found myself using (and really liking again) products I have not used in a couple months.  

Muji acrylic drawers for the win.   

My next organization project... the linen closet in my master bathroom.  




2 comments:

  1. I totally need those drawers. Right now my makeup is in one basket and I probably spend 5 minutes every morning searching for what I need. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those drawers are awesome!!! I get lots of makeup hand me downs from my cousin in law so I need to try to get through all of that or give it to someone else of I am not going to use. Can't wait to read about your empties and get some ideas on stuff to buy

    ReplyDelete